You can’t underestimate the importance of a quality education. No matter what your industry, education and experience make a winning combination. So if you want to become an expert truck driver and a valuable employee, you need to begin your career at a truck driving school. Once you graduate with your commercial driver’s license (CDL), you will be able to choose when and where you want to work. To get started, you simply need to meet some trucking school requirements.
Trucking School Requirements
At Truck Dynasty Driving Academy, we welcome you to apply for admission if you can meet our standards. Our program can teach you everything that you need to know about entering the transportation industry. To get started, check that you can comply with all our trucking school requirements:
- Driver’s License: You must have a valid driver’s license for your state. We expect you to have experience legally operating a vehicle.
- Social Security Card: You must own and provide a Social Security card. After you complete your schooling and secure a job, your employer will likely ask to see your Social Security card as well.
- Birth Certificate or Passport: For personal identification purposes, we require you to present a birth certificate or passport.
- No DWI/DUI Violations: Your driving record cannot contain any DWI/DUI violations within the last three years.
- No Felonies: Felony convictions that involve manufacturing or distributing illegal drugs are disqualifying for prospective students.
- Motor Vehicle Record: We will need to review your current motor vehicle record, which presents a picture of your ability to legally operate a vehicle. We evaluate this evidence on a case-by-case basis.
- DOT Physical Exam and Drug Screen: You must undergo and pass the Department of Transportation’s (DOT) physical examination and drug screening. In fact, all of our enrolled students must participate in a DOT physical exam and drug screen urinalysis on the first day of instruction. To continue your training, you must successfully complete these exams – no exceptions! We will retain a copy of your examination results in your student file.
- Minimum Age Requirement: You must reach your 18th birthday before you apply for admission.
NOTE: We do not tolerate the submission of false or incomplete information. Receipt of such material may result in your dismissal from the program.
A Thorough Education
After we review and approve your application, we will notify you in person, by mail, by e-mail, or over the telephone. Upon approval, contact us as soon as possible to begin the admissions process.
Once in the program, further trucking school requirements will apply. For example, you must complete a minimum of 160 hours of study. During this time, you must establish your knowledge of the curriculum material. In addition, you must demonstrate practical knowledge and the physical skills required to drive a truck in real-life situations.
Although we ask a lot of our students, all of these trucking school requirements prove beneficial. First, at the application stage, the requirements help us learn about our students and their safety records. Next, when you join the school, we set high expectations to ensure that you leave our school with numerous skills and critical knowledge under your belt. If you dedicate yourself to your education, you will undoubtedly graduate and enter the job field with confidence.
Are you interested in becoming a truck driver? You can learn everything you need to know at the Truck Dynasty Driving Academy, a professional truck driver training program that involves 120 clock hours and 3 weeks of professional driver training. In addition, current drivers can use the refresher course to sharpen and develop their skills. To get started, please give us a call at 417-831-8188, e-mail us at email@example.com, or contact us online. We look forward to hearing from you!